Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal won't let me delete events.

I have been using iCal for a year or two, and I use it as a stand alone (ie no synchronisation with any web based calendars, although I do synchronise with my iPhone). It may be coincidence but since I (recently) upgraded from Leopard to Snow Leopard, I cannot delete events from iCal. I have tried edit>delete, delete key and dragging to Trash but all that happens is that the event disappears for about 5 seconds and then reappears. If I modify an event (eg change the timing or move it to another date) it creates the new event but keeps the old one and I cannot delete either of them. I am just an averagely competent user, and I could do with some advice please.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 28, 2011 11:54 AM

10 replies

Jan 30, 2011 8:57 PM in response to hollymer

After reading several other similar threads, here is what I tried and it seems to be working (fingers crossed it continues to work...).

I launched iSync (Finder -> Applications-> iSync), went into preferences, unchecked "Enable syncing on this computer", and clicked "reset sync history". I then did a full shut down/reboot, and launched iCal. I was able to delete entries without them coming back. I launched iSync again, checked "enable syncing", and then synced my iPhone3GS with iTunes. It took the deleted entries. However, I still had some entries that were in my phone but not in my Calendar. So I went to the drastic step of ensuring iCal was as I wanted it to be, and then in iTunes checked "replace calendar on Phone". That fixed it. Hopefully it will stick!

I still have issues getting Notes to sync properly though...

Jan 31, 2011 6:24 PM in response to Steeler2

In iTunes on your phone settings -- click "info", which displays the check boxes for syncing your address book, calendar etc, scroll to the bottom. At the end there is a section titled "Advanced". Check the appropriate boxes within there. Also - if you use MobileMe, then general advice seems to be to never sync your iPhone with iTunes, just sync with MobileMe.

Mar 13, 2011 4:42 PM in response to Contheorypro

Hello,

I had a similar problem. In my case there were several repeating events that would not let me delete individual occurrences - they would just reappear. I tried rebooting, deleting the iCal pList file and deleting the same events from my iPod Touch and resyncing but nothing worked. Finally i deleted all future occurrences (after today) and added them back and synced with the iPod Touch. So far that seems to have worked. This may be of help to someone.

Mike

iCal won't let me delete events.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.