3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2011 1:48 AM by balibob
spain40 Level 1 Level 1
Can any body help with finding the skype download link for the software that will work on Mac OS X Leopard version 10.5.6. every time I search the web i get the version for the mac book and it the latest version which will not work on this operating system.

ibookG4
  • Lyssa Level 6 Level 6
    Might I ask why you can't upgrade to OS X 10.5.8? Is there a conflict with some other software on your computer? Or are you needing a PowerPC version of the application?

Not sure which version you would need, but here's a download list of older versions that might help.
    http://mac.oldapps.com/skype.php

~Lyssa
  • spain40 Level 1 Level 1
    Thanks for the help. i need to upgrade the complete computer as it is i BookG4 and the Apple store help told me that the only version that would work on the G4 i book was the leopard version 10.5.6. thank for the help.
  • balibob Level 1 Level 1

hello there, did you find a solution to the Skype download for your iBook? I'm having the same problem, the Skype icon vanished from my dock this morning and it's turning into a long day. I haven't been on this site for ages. If you have a solution can you email me on ...hobmanbob@me.com. Cheers  ...b