Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automator Permissions

I've created a simple 3 step application to find files from one folder and move them to another. However, i'm encountering a "you don't have permissions" error, even though both folders have "read and write" access enabled for all users.

I'll just give an outline of my workflow.

Find finder item is "X" folder if "X" rule is true > Move finder items to "X" folder > Sort finder items.

When I run this workflow it completes step one and finds all the files, then when it tries to move them I get the above error.

Any suggestions?

Assorted Macs and PCs, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 29, 2011 7:12 AM

5 replies

Jan 29, 2011 10:48 AM in response to Justin Gut

A pretty good GUI utility is TinkerTool System, but you can also use the Terminal application. From the Terminal, copy and paste the following (there is a trailing space that needs to be included), drag an item (or items) from a Finder window to the Terminal window (this pastes the file paths) and press return:

/usr/bin/who am i; /bin/ls -leO@d

These commands will display the ownership and permissions of the item(s), including any ACL entries and extended attributes.

Automator Permissions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.