Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing image size on a photo page

Is there any way to increase the size (in detail or slideshow view) of images on an iWeb "photos" page?

I've made several "photos" pages in iWeb by dragging images from aperture or iPhoto into iWeb, but the pictures always end up almost uselessly small/low-resolution on the resulting web page (even after clicking on a thumbnail or opening the slideshow). I mean: a 10 megapixel image ends up filling about 1/4 of a typical web browser screen. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

-Mike

iMac (Mid-2007), Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 29, 2011 7:20 AM

7 replies

Jan 29, 2011 12:00 PM in response to Mike G.

For Album and photo pages the default large viewing size is 800 x 600 pixels. On some computers they are displayed smaller. There are a number of topics on this subject and there may be a connection to the graphic card being used. Not sure though. The workaround for this is to use a different type of presentation which will let you set the display size of the image.

One such presentation is via Jalbum which has over 100 skins/themes to choose from. This demo page has a couple of examples: Jalbum Examples.

OT

Feb 13, 2011 1:52 PM in response to Old Toad

OK, I admit freely to being terribly dim when it comes to all things html and etc.

If I were to use Jalbum to do my photos, how do I got about incorporating it into my iWeb website? Surely a stupid question, but as I said...I'm dim. (I really should sit down and force myself to learn this stuff, but you'd be surprised how much less free time you have AFTER you retire. It's weird.)

....sT

Feb 13, 2011 2:57 PM in response to Roddy

OK, so I have not looked deeper into this other than the abstract on Jalbum's page...perhaps this one is answered there.

But if I am using MobileMe to host my site (and therefore pictures)...to use Jalbum, where and in what form do I place the image files? Do I put them in some preset folder structure on my iDisk and reference them from there as I construct the Jalbum file.....or does Jalbum do all of this for me by incorporating them into it's file?

...sT

Changing image size on a photo page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.