Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

for photographers what should the brightness setting be ?

hi!
just got a new macbook pro 13".
working on CS4 to edit my photography:
i do black and whites shooting with a canon 5D- so shadows and highlights are key to the photo.
what should i set the display setting for brightness on?
the default on the macbook pro seems to be 100%. which is too bright for photo editing- it makes the printed photograph much darker than intended.
i dont have any monitor calibration hardware or software at this point in time.
So i will need to adjust the setting on the mac itself.
[i have shut off the automatically adjust brightness tab. the color is set to the default Color LCD]

please help?
thanks

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.0.x), 13.3" Intel Core Duo 2.0GHz Laptop

Posted on Jan 29, 2011 9:29 AM

1 reply

Jan 30, 2011 7:14 AM in response to naba

There is no single right answer. The outcome is affected by such things as the ambient light level of your work area, which we can't possibly know, and furthermore it might change in the course of a day.

If you are wanting printed results to come out close to what you see on the screen, just hold a printed photo next to the screen while looking at the same photo on the screen and adjust brightness to your satisfaction.

If you can't get a good match, you should also look into gamma settings. The Mac's screen gamma can be set in the course of doing a manual color calibration.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3712

for photographers what should the brightness setting be ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.