Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with shopping at sainsburys.co.uk

For days I'm having problems with login and checkout at sainsburys.co.uk.
Resetting Safari didn't help.
What can I do?
I called them but they just said I should use another browser, but I don't want it.
I remember the same problems happened before christmas.
Thanks.

iMac 27" 3.2GHz; 2x iMacs 21.5" 3.06 GHz;, Mac OS X (10.6.6), Kensington Expert Trackballs

Posted on Jan 30, 2011 3:10 AM

11 replies

Jan 30, 2011 8:29 AM in response to coxorange

Hi,

For login issues, go to Safari / Preferences then select the Autofill tab. Make sure *user names and passwords* is selected. While you still have the Autofilll tab selected, click the Edit button next to: Other forms. Delete the sainsburys.co.uk url.

Quit Safari. (Command + Q) Open Keychain Access (Applications/Utilities). Select Passwords on the left. Delete the sainsburys.co.uk keychain.

Relaunch Safari. Login to the sainsburys.co.uk site as you normally would with your user name and password. Click Yes when prompted. That will create a new keychain for you and help with login and checkout.

Carolyn 🙂

Jan 30, 2011 11:03 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks for your answer! It's not a problem of a wrong password.
I never used Autofill/Keychain, just entered the login details manually.

I have no idea what might be the reason for these
endless waiting times until the next page appears (if at all).
Even reloading doesn't help except in some cases.
Shopping/filling the basket is no problem.

Is this a Sainsbury's or a Safari problem?

Nov 4, 2011 4:32 AM in response to coxorange

For some months there were no problems with online shopping at Sainsbury's (UK) - at the moment it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE. I had to try 1 hour until I could complete the checkout procedure.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Which are the best settings for Safari to handle these problems?

I called the Sainsbury's online shopping service, but they said it's a problem with Safari and I should use Firefox instead what I don't want at all...

Thanks!

Nov 10, 2011 4:51 AM in response to coxorange

I've tried it now via BootCamp using Internet Explorer and it's the same problem - so not Safari specific I guess.

What can be the reason then...?

I'm using a Netgear DG834 Wired Modem Router ADSL2+. Could it be that this one is no longer compatible with current internet standards? How could I test it?

But why can these problematic websites then be accessed perfectly at OTHER times - just not at certain times...?

BTW Login to Apple Discussions (this forum) also lasts very long/requires some retries usually.

Thanks.

Nov 30, 2011 5:59 AM in response to coxorange

I've just upgraded to Safari Version 5.1.2 (6534.52.7).

Now all I get when trying to checkout is:

Error 404--Not Found

From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:

10.4.5 404 Not Found

The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address.

Worse than ever.

Dec 8, 2011 1:58 PM in response to coxorange

We've been experiencing issues for 3 - 4 weeks on sainsburys.co.uk on both Macs at home - my mini and my wife's MacBook running 10.5 - Safari up-to-date, reset, cookies cleared. Mostly on the groceries section; I was able to order some electrical items earlier this week with no problems.

Having finally got through to the technical side earlier this evening, I was told that the problems (which appear as redirection to a 404 page or just looping to 'werror.html') have been reported to Apple and a fix is awaited. I did point out that perhaps they should make customers aware without having to phone!, but this fell on stony ground.

The current advice is to use Chrome or Firefox on Macs.

Problems with shopping at sainsburys.co.uk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.