Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Newer models support??

My white MB video out to DVI then DVI to HDMI only gets video out without audio.

Do newer models get both video and audio out??

Thanks.

White MacBook, iPhone 4, 64GB WiFi iPad, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 31, 2011 2:50 AM

5 replies

Jan 31, 2011 10:01 AM in response to Hotsouma

DVI does not support audio, regardless of what computer you're using. If you are using DVI, you need to run the audio separately, either directly to your TV or through one of the adapters that combines a DVI and audio signal into a single HDMI output.

If your MacBook has a mini-DisplayPort output, then depending on the model of MacBook you have, that may support both audio and video with the appropriate mini-DisplayPort to HDMI adapter.

Regards.

Feb 4, 2011 4:04 PM in response to Hotsouma

Hello,

I was just wondering about this very thing; I have a MacBook7,1 (purchased Dec 2010) and want to hook it up to my flat screen HDTV and was wondering if I needed to buy a separate audio cable.

I read that now MBP have the audio through the MDP; however, if I understand correctly this does not extend to plain vanilla MB7,1.

Would someone be kind enough to confirm this statement. Thank you 🙂

Newer models support??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.