Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new Events since iPhoto '11 are missing

Since upgrading to iPhoto '11, from the previous premium version, I found that my previous Events are not showing in sequential order. Some of them are randomly out of order.

And I cannot find any newer events since January 8, 2011 (the day I installed iPhoto '11 and updated it through software update). They seem to not show at all, unless they are way back and out of order. The only way I can see the newer events is to look at them in Photo view, which is not as convenient.

BTW, I have 1,574 events, and 25,878 photos.

MacPro, iMac, MBPro 2.66 Intel Core i7, MackBook 2 G2, various G5's, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 1 TB Time Capsule (early 2009) & Airport Express

Posted on Jan 31, 2011 1:46 PM

2 replies

Jan 31, 2011 2:30 PM in response to Glen Grayson

Have you tried resetting the sort order for the Events via the View ➙ Sort ➙ XXXX menu option?

If resetting the sort order doesn't do the job delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your User/Library/Preferences folder, launch iPhoto and try again.

NOTE: If you're moved your library from its default location in your Home/Pictures folder you will have to point iPhoto to its new location when you next open iPhoto by holding the the Option key. You'll also have to reset the iPhoto's various preferences.

User uploaded file

My new Events since iPhoto '11 are missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.