I bought myself a Wacom Tablet today that I need to install drivers for. As I installed them, I got the following error:
THE SYSTEM EXTENSION CANNOT BE USED The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/CNQL1208_ClassicNotSeize.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.
Here are the steps I took to solve the problem (unsuccessfully):
1. Called Wacom tech support. They told me that this kext file is related to my Canon scanner.
2. Called Canon. Tried updating the scanner driver. Got the error again!
3. Ran a Canon driver uninstaller. (this didn't help)
4. Made sure all files in Library are gone.
5. Looked for the kext file in that directory. It doesn't even exist there (I guess that's why it says it was "installed improperly".
Any ideas? Why does a Wacom driver bring up issues with a Canon driver in the first place?
My computer doesn't recognize my new Wacom Tablet because of this issue. What can I do?