Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Panasonic 3CCD Firewire help

Okay, so I am trying to import videos from my boss' Panasonic 3CCD via Firewire, but when I plug it into the computer, it won't even recognize there is a camera in IMovie or Final Cut Studio 2. I have next to no knowledge on Firewire. I tried finding forms on it...but I didn't get much luck. I don't even know what the difference between Firewire 400 and 800 is. All I know is that the cord fits perfectly into the DV of the camera and my Firewire port of my computer. Is there some sort of special Firewire firmware I need to get....or some way I need to create a Firewire network???
I do have the camera plugged into the wall btw. I know sometimes going of of battery power can screw things up.

Imac 07, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 2, 2011 4:59 AM

2 replies

Feb 2, 2011 10:08 AM in response to Jielimiya

I have a Panasonic PV-GS320 3ccd that I have imported video from into iMovie. To the best of my recollection, it didn't require any software that did not already exist on my 2010 iMac running 10.6.5

Initially, iMovie did not see the camera, but after discovering that it was set to 'PC', I changed the camera from PC to Playback(Mode dial of the Panasonic) and it was recognized and I was able to control the transport and import footage....

Check that and if you have no luck, I will try to get more specifics about my setup.....

JP

Panasonic 3CCD Firewire help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.