Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with Panasonic 3CCD

Okay, so I am trying to import videos from my boss' Panasonic 3CCD via Firewire, but when I plug it into the computer, it won't even recognize there is a camera in Final Cut Studio 2. I have next to no knowledge on Firewire. I tried finding forms on it...but I didn't get much luck. I don't even know what the difference between Firewire 400 and 800 is. All I know is that the cord fits perfectly into the DV of the camera and my Firewire port of my computer. Is there some sort of special Firewire firmware I need to get....or some way I need to create a Firewire network???
I do have the camera plugged into the wall btw. I know sometimes going of of battery power can screw things up.

Imac 07, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 2, 2011 5:02 AM

4 replies

Feb 2, 2011 7:44 AM in response to Jielimiya

Firewire cameras do not show up on the desktop like little hard drives.

To what computer model are you connecting the camera?

With everything turned off (camera and computer), turn on the camera, then start the computer.

When both devices are up and running, in the computer go to SYSTEM PROFILER. Look in the Hardware> firewire catagory. Does the camera show up?

If not, you have a firewire issue. One of the ports (cam or computer) isn't functioning or the cable is no good.

If it does show up, launch iMovie. Does iMovie see the camera and can it capture a bit of video?

If not, there is something off with the camera settings

If so, you should be able to capture in FCP.

To capture in FCP

Launch FCP, select DV/NTSC 48khz from the Easy Presets to set up your capture settings

Open up the log and capture dialog. Your camera should be there.

x

Help with Panasonic 3CCD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.