Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automator Actions for Numbers?

Do they exist?

If so how can I install them?

If not are there applescript actions for numbers and where can I learn to use them?

Any info at all would be greatly appreciated 🙂

MacBook Pro 17" 3.06GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.2), Cinema Display 30"

Posted on Feb 3, 2011 2:40 AM

8 replies

Nov 25, 2013 9:33 AM in response to Durero

Hi Guyzs,

I'd like to create an action that will enable me to list my file names in Numbers, file type and date of creation and modification.

The thing is that I have 900 documents (PDFs, ppt, xls, doc, etc...) contained in folders and sub folders, to list one by one in Numbers, with 4 columns: file name (just the name, not the extension, to be in column A), file extension (with the DOT before the extension name, to be in column B), creation date (to be in column E) and last modification date (to be in column F).

I'm very new to Automator and Apple Scripts, as I only tried long time ago once or twice and miserably failed, while aided by tutorials.

Regards,

Fab'

Nov 25, 2013 9:19 PM in response to Leborde

Hi Fab'

I can't advise on the details of the Automator workflows and AppleScript needed to extract the four columns of data.

But you will want the script to output in tab-separated or comma-separated format that can be imported into Numbers.

Numbers 3.0 has only minimal AppleScript support, so you can't push the data to it directly.

But importing tsv or csv should work nicely.

SG

Automator Actions for Numbers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.