Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turtle Beach x31

I'm trying to use my Turtle Beaches as a gaming headset on the 13" Macbook Pro, but for the life of me I just can't find a way...

Does anyone know of an adapter that splits the single input/output jack to work as both at the same time, from two different cords?

And if there is a splitter like that, does anyone know how to use the cord that's supposed to connect to the Xbox on that adapter? I don't know what size the cord is, but I sure know it's smaller than 3.5mm...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been trying to figure this out for like a month now =\

Macbook Pro 13", Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 3, 2011 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2011 6:42 PM

Does anyone know of an adapter that splits the single input/output jack to work as both at the same time, from two different cords?

That can't be done. The port is either input or output, not both at once.

The solution is to use an external USB sound card such as the Griffin iMic, which has separate input and output ports.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2011 6:42 PM in response to Mo23

That can't be done. The port is either input or output, not both at once.

The solution is to use an external USB sound card such as the Griffin iMic, which has separate input and output ports.

Feb 3, 2011 9:30 PM in response to eww

Thanks, I actually found a 2.5mm jack to usb on amazon today, and I think that's the way I'll get around it, just plug the mic in through there. The main reason I thought I might actually be able to use the jack as both input and output at the same time is because iPod headphones seem to be able to work that way... This way should work though, thanks for the input.

Feb 4, 2011 12:38 PM in response to Mo23

I know this is 'solved' but I found it while looking for something else.

I must say that I have wondered about this all myself, and although there are much easier, and more affordable ways of doing this. But, for future reference, you could buy a a/v(composite to phono) cable. Radio shack sells them for around $10. It take all four of the contacts and separates them, allowing you to use each of the contacts individually. From what I understand, not only does the turtle beach headsets, but also the xbox headsets use a different pin-out then normal 4 contact plugs, so using the a/v adapter, you can re-arrange them in the order they go, to use with any other analog cables.

So like i said, not the easiest, and not the most cost effective, because when its all said an done, you will more then like have spent about 20+ in cables and adapters. But it can be done.

Turtle Beach x31

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.