Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can someone please settle an argument?

I'm in the UK using an iPhone 4 on O2 PAYG.

Since last week, I have had NO service from O2. A number of phone calls to O2 (8 intotal so far), indicated that there was a issue with the transmitter in my local area. This was told to me by 3 differant O2 operators on 3 seperate occasions. However, the other times I was told it could be an issue either my micro-sim card or the handset was faulty. On the request of O2, I have visted another postcoded area. The iP4 was working perfectly, with no problems with the service what-so-ever. Yet in my postcaoded area, the fault continued with "NO SERVICE". Again, O2 Customer Services told me it's either a sim problem or handset problem. I went a distance and visited a O2 store in another postcoded area. The iP4 was working perfectly, no faults, full service from O2. Thankfully with the abilitity to take screen grabs on the iP4, I showed the store the problems I was having. They said it most certainly was NOT a handset fault, but either one of two things - service in area or sim card. I had another sim, and everything was switched over to the new sim card.

AGAIN, they problem is still there. And again I need to contact O2. It has to be a transmitter fault in my area, even though O2 state that their computors show no issues. But when I speak with them today they will now doubtly say it's a handset fault.

I would like to ask . . . . Could it be a handset fault?

I feel it is not as I have no issues with the handset, just the O2 service which is the only thing that is NOT working. Obviously, as you can understand, I need to have some ammo to fire back at O2 if they try and blame the handset as I see that O2 are not doiung anything to rectify the problem.

Also, my girlfriend who is also using a iP4 on the O2 service is having similar problems with "NO SERVICE" in our area, but working perfectly fine in other postcoded areas.

Sorry for the long winded posting.

Dell 1545 Inspiron -, Windows 7, iPhone 4

Posted on Feb 4, 2011 3:35 AM

3 replies

Can someone please settle an argument?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.