Previous 1 2 3 Next 222 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2011 3:18 PM by babowa
babowa Level 7 Level 7 (26,500 points)
I've regularly seen "custom" signatures by some of the regulars - handwriting, bouncing smileys, moving tiger, etc - and decided I'd like to have one. So, I designed one yesterday and, as a test, added it to a post. When I checked about 20 minutes later, it had disappeared; instead, it is showing a large grey lock:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2743080

So, is it permitted to have a signature or not? Mine was my name in a fancy multi-colored font with shadow. Or is there a minimum age/points/whatever required?

27" 3.2 GHz iMac i3, 12 GB RAM, 13" white early '09 MB,, Mac OS X (10.6.6), LaCie d2 DVDRW, 2 LaCie d2 Quadra ext HD , Wacom tablet, Epson Artisan 810
  • Klaus1 Level 8 Level 8 (45,510 points)
    Hi Barbara!

Never seen that before - post your signature here again so we can have a look!
  • babowa Level 7 Level 7 (26,500 points)
    Will do that later this afternoon; am on my way out the door for several appointments....
  • ali brown Level 7 Level 7 (26,465 points)
    Hi Barbara!

I'm guessing it has something to do with the image at Skitch rather than the AD software.
    (https://img.skitch.com/20110204-fhtsrgsefciyhmsjikgaaaabxm.png)

Is the image still available? If not repost the image at Skitch and try again.

ali b
  • MGW Level 7 Level 7 (27,020 points)
    You are getting fancy, but as far as I know, signatures like the one you described are fine. What method did you use to upload it?

Photobucket
  • Klaus1 Level 8 Level 8 (45,510 points)
    it is showing a large grey lock

Nonsense. You allowed your handbag to get in the way...
  • littleshoulders Level 6 Level 6 (9,525 points)
    Nonsense. You allowed your handbag to get in the way...

That's what I thought too Klaus! I think it is more a gender thing than a problem with skitch
  • Ralph Landry1 Level 8 Level 8 (37,765 points)
    I saw that and was wondering what you were trying to do...strange image to use to close a post.

On another note, if you have gotten your iPad, I have a little tidbit for you to try.
  • Ralph Landry1 Level 8 Level 8 (37,765 points)
    You and Klaus are gonna be in soooo much trouble
    And you're not???? As per Klaus' request, here it is (and I'm going to try to put it in the middle of the post rather than at the end to see if that had anything to do with it):

This is using Ralph's (UK) instructions with Skitch (HTML Full):

Bsig2

I had to work at this - as usual, was using Firefox and could not copy the link! Finally opened Safari and the same Skitch page suddenly displayed "copy" next to the various links. Checking Firefox again, it was clear: there was no "copy" option anywhere. So. it may be a Skitch -> Firefox problem, although last night, it worked (at least initially).

So, we'll see if this one stays up - that would confirm the Firefox issue.

And, I need to redo it anyway because I realized too late that I hadn't used a transparent background, so if my post is on the blue portion, it would have a white background (tacky!).

And, no, no iPad yet - waiting to hear from you re. Macbook

Having a devil of a time typing; had an injection in the middle joint of my right middle finger this morning - talk about major trauma
    Ouch! and very nice signature!

Edit:I just noticed that all the posts in threads are now white, no blue any more using Safari 5.0.3

Photobucket
    Sorry, Miriam, what kind of medication are you on? I'm looking at it in Safari, and it is still displayed blue/white/blue/etc.

And, even more confusing: I just checked it in Firefox, and the sig is in this thread as well as last night's (no more locked purse)...... this is more than strange.
    Say, Miriam, can you put me up in early March - my all time favorite composer/violinist/fiddler - Mark O'Connor - will be playing with the Boston Youth Symphony.....
    +I think it is more a gender thing than a problem with skitch ;-)+

We will talk again about this issue after my team clobbers your neighboring team on Sunday
    Sure, but I'm an hour north of Boston. And I still see no blue!

Photobucket
Previous 1 2 3 Next