Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update Automator to newer version?

Is it possible to update Automator on Tiger to the Leopard version? I have scripts that work on Leopard and don't work on Snow Leopard that I would like to put on my PowerBook (Tiger) and run. From what I see of other posts, Leopard scripts don't run on Tiger easily (if at all).

Message was edited by: jlevinson

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.6), & iMac 10.5.8 & PowerBook G4 Tiger

Posted on Feb 4, 2011 12:34 PM

6 replies

Feb 4, 2011 4:24 PM in response to red_menace

I work at a community college and deal with the student information system, inputting semester class schedules. It is repetitive, so I created some workflows to enter the data. Basically, this happens: go to TextWrangler, cut the first word in the file, switch to browser, paste data, save, repeat. There are other steps, but that is the basic operation. In Leopard, I could loop this any number of times, in Snow Leopard the loop runs twice and then stops. I used TextWrangler because I couldn't get the "cut" to work well in Word or TextEdit. The "cut" steps are an AppleScript, the rest is Automator actions.

Update Automator to newer version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.