Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

White Itunes Store Page

When I open the iTunes Store, it will begin to open properly. Then, it begins to slow down, and right before it is entirely loaded the entire store will turn white! It doesn't say "unable to connect" or anything of that nature. it's just a white screen. This has never happened before, I don't know what to do. A resolution to this problem is of course greatly appreciated.

Windows XP

Posted on Feb 4, 2011 2:37 PM

142 replies

Feb 4, 2011 3:37 PM in response to D_LAW12

I'm having the same problem. I bought a song this morning and after I confirmed the purchase, the Itunes Store screen went white. I searched the artist again and now the standard theme is to load a page 90% of the way and just as it finishes loading, it goes to a white screen. If I click the Home button it "sometimes" tries to load and if it does, it loads 90% of the page and finishes with a white screen. If I type in the search box it will do the auto complete function and finish the rest of the artist's name. It's as if this problem lies solely within the Itunes Store because everything else is working fine. I've tried restarting Itunes, my computer and all that stuff. It's very irritating to say the least. I also haven't installed anything new on my computer that would somehow be linked to the problem.

Feb 4, 2011 6:01 PM in response to RomanMoreno

I'm also having this problem. The store starts loading, begins displaying images form the homepage, and then immediately goes blank. There is no error message or anything, it just goes all white. I tried closing and reopening iTunes, but it didn't work. I waited several hours then tried again. Still nothing. Does anyone know what may be happening?

Feb 4, 2011 7:07 PM in response to D_LAW12

Another interesting thing that happens to me with this problem is that as the page is ALMOST done loading, I can "sometimes" click on a link/button such as a song title and it will start to load the page associated with that click. Then as that page is loading the same thing... it finishes with a blank white page. I have been lucky a couple times (if you want to consider it luck) and was able to select a link/button from the currently loading page which allowed me to load an additional page just long enough to quickly click on something else to keep it loading pages. But no matter what, it will always finish with a blank white page if I allow it to load completely. I also ran it past a few people on Facebook tonight and the only 2 people I communicated with about it were also having some troubles. I'm wondering if this is a widespread problem.

Feb 4, 2011 8:09 PM in response to D_LAW12

Same issue. I've tried to access ITunes U at least 5 times within the last 15 minutes and while everything initially appeared normal...poof...the screen turned whiter than a ghost on Halloween. At one point I did get a chance to click on a download button but when the screen blanked, the DL stopped. Glad it wasn't just my machine.

Feb 4, 2011 8:14 PM in response to Abbeygirl

I'm having the same problem here. Given that so many folks are popping up with this issue, I'm not inclined to uninstall iTunes and reinstall it, since obviously this error is occurring across many computers and various platforms.

I'm running iTunes (or trying to run) version 9.0.3.15.

Everytime I open iTunes I see the iTunes store for a brief second, and if I'm really quick, I can click on a link, but once the page is loaded, the iTunes screen goes 'white'.

The iTunesU page STILL does work, which leads me to believe that something is basically screwed up with Apple rather than something wrong with this version of iTunes.

Feb 4, 2011 8:42 PM in response to D_LAW12

After 7 calls to that horrible customer service (???) automated system, a live person FINALLY answered.

They are having technical issues. I told the rep "you guys are losing money with this problem; people can't download music or do anything".

The problem has NOT been solved after like 24 hours and I'm surprised Apple has not been able to fix the glitch. Just cannot understand it at all.

Very weak Apple very weak.

White Itunes Store Page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.