Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not listing Albums properly.

Hello all,
When I import regular album CD's into iTunes, most of the albums display properly (under album view).
What I mean by properly is, all the songs will be in the same "list", with the album and artist sown in the far left column of the main page.

Now, when I create a "mix" CD, or I purchase a CD with a variety of tracks from various artists, then try to import it into iTunes, I will get each artist listed separately under the same album name.
So if the Album name was:
Disco hits of 2025
(And there were 12 different artists)

It would show up under my iTunes thusly:
(1 album for) Disco hits of 2025/Artist A
(1 album for) Disco hits of 2025/Artist B
and so on.
So for the aforementioned album, I would have 12 different "albums" listed all in a row.
The same happens with a few albums by a single artist. For exapmple, I imported a certain artists CD, and it showed up at 13 different albums. 1 for each song on the album.

I hope I'm making sense of this. I can take a screenshot if anyone needs it.
It's really frustrating cause when I want to play these albums, I can't just click on the first song, then go about my day while listening to music.

Thanks everyone for your help!
P

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Feb 4, 2011 8:45 PM

3 replies

iTunes not listing Albums properly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.