Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export to Disc won't create the file even though it appears to

I am using GarageBand '08 on an iMac OS X Version 10.5.8. I want to export a voice recording as an .mp3 to email to someone. It is only 5 minutes long; spoken word. So, I go to SHARE>EXPORT SONG TO DISC>then choose MP3 ENCODER, good quality, with COMPRESS checked, then EXPORT. It seems to do everything fine, no error messages or anything. Problem is no file is created. I can't find the file and I've tried several times making absolutely certain I know where the file is being saved to and it simply is not there. When I search for the file it is no where to be found. So it appears that GarageBand is making the file but it isn't.

What am I doing wrong? Why isn't the file being made?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 5, 2011 6:59 AM

5 replies

Export to Disc won't create the file even though it appears to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.