Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone removed the stand from the monitor?

I love my 30" Cinema Display, but it sits too high on my desk, and find myself tilting my head up to see towards the top of the screen. I hate the thought of modifying the work of art that it is, but if I removed the stand, it would sit perfectly at eye-level. Obviously, I would have to make a stand/support to allow it to be free-standing. Either that or modify the desk itself. Has anyone tried removing the stand from the monitor? Feedback?

Mac Pro 2.26GHz 8-core & iMac Intel 2.4GHz, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 5, 2011 2:36 PM

5 replies

Feb 7, 2011 4:23 PM in response to Jean Na

As NullUnit mentioned, it is quite easy to remove the stand but you will need the VESA adapter kit to replace it. This will give you the standard 100mm VESA mounting holes that you would then connect to any mounting arm you wish.

Personally I bought this MX Desk Mount Arm as it was rated to hold the weight of the display (~30#) whereas others were not (~18#). I originally mounted the display in a vertical/portrait orientation but the arm didn't go high enough so I had to mount a 6" block of wood to my desk first. I enjoyed the monitor so much that I have since moved it to become my primary monitor. The arm allowed me to lower the display all the way to my desk so I could just look over it (to watch TV). Couldn't have if it was still on the stand.

Hope this helps.

Has anyone removed the stand from the monitor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.