5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2011 3:52 PM by NLEdit
Lion7575 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
So here's a quirky problem, I recently installed FCP Studio on my MacBook Pro and it completely skipped LiveType. I look in applications - nothing; search with spotlight or within finder - nothing. How do I get the blasted application onto my computer?!

MacBook Pro 5,3, Mac OS X (10.6.6)
  • David Harbsmeier Level 7 Level 7 (29,825 points)
    If you're referring to FCS 3, LiveType is not included. All LiveType functionality has been included in Motion.

-DH
  • Lion7575 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Ah. Makes sense. Sad they discontinued LT. It really was a great application even if Motion can do all the same things.
  • David Harbsmeier Level 7 Level 7 (29,825 points)
    If you have the previous version of LiveType (on the old install discs) you can install it and it still works in OS 10.6.

-DH
  • nickfromschererville Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

For me Live Type was installed when i installed the entire FCP Studio package, but at some point LiveType disappeared. I re-installed with a few failed attempts but it somehow ended up installed in another directory...now as of today doesn't seem to install eventhough the install process seems to go smoothly....

i have Mac OS X 10.5.8

FCP Studio (with 2 FCS LiveType Media discs)

Any suggestions would be very helpful cause I am just chasing my tail here....thanks!

• NLEdit Level 4 Level 4 (1,645 points)

When I had to do an install of the entire suite after a nuke and pave to upgrade to Snow Leopard (yeah, I'm one of those), I installed the old FCP and LT first. LT liked to see FCP on the machine. Then I blew off FCP and installed FCS 3. Worked like a charm. Three times as a matter of fact.