Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No TWAIN Support...?

I have an HP C6380 Photosmart printer/scanner that I've used for some time with my PC. I just recently purchased my first Mac yesterday and used the resident drivers to establish connection with the C6380. For the most part, print and scan functions work...EXCEPT when I want to use my bank's online check deposit function (which works perfectly via my PC).

When the online site asks me to "choose scanner"....I get the error "no TWAIN support."

How can I resolve this issue? Thank you.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Feb 5, 2011 5:48 PM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2011 6:41 PM in response to Kappy

Funny you should mention that. The HP driver download site has a message dated November 2009 that states "Print drivers for the HP models listed in this document are included in new Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. You do not need to download or install any additional software to print over USB, Ethernet, or 802.11b/g WiFi, depending on your printer and connection type"

But there is a driver dated September 2009 for "HP Officejet and Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers - Mac OS X v 10.6"

Do you suggest I install the September 2009 vesion from the site and see if that helps or should I be looing elsewhere for a specific TWAIN support driver?

Thanks for the response.

No TWAIN Support...?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.