Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app to control Apple TV from my Mac

I sit on my computer almost all day and I have an iphone but my son usually keeps playing with it. So it would be nice to have an app on my Mac to control my Apple TV.

Is there such a thing like an 'remote app' for Mac to control Apple TV ?

Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Feb 5, 2011 7:09 PM

5 replies

Feb 16, 2011 9:26 PM in response to CindyMad

I'm very interested in doing the same thing. I would like to control my Apple TV 2 from my MacBook. Specifically, I want to have Apple TV auto refresh the iPhoto library (say every 3-5 minutes) so when I add pictures into the iPhoto library on my MacBook, they will automatically show up in the Apple TV screensaver within a few minutes. If I have to write a script for my MacBook to force Apple TV to refresh every few minutes, I will do so. But before I do that, I have to gain "control" of my Apple TV via my MacBook. Any assistance would be great if anyone finds out any info!

Aug 28, 2015 7:55 PM in response to CindyMad

I see that you posted this question several years ago, but I thought you might like to know that there is a solution for this.

On any bluetooth equipped Apple TV, you can pair a keyboard. On its own, this isn't a big deal, but if you install 1Keyboard (available on the Mac App Store), you can pair your Mac with the Apple TV and set a shortcut to all you to control the Apple TV using your keyboard. I find it very useful. I'll be typing on my MacBook one moment and telling Netflix that I'm still watching with just a quick keyboard shortcut.

app to control Apple TV from my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.