Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating cluster over subnet, controller cant find cluster!

Hi,

Running a macbook pro running 10.6.5 with a subnet of mac mini's (all ppc) via a netgear gigabit switch.

Have set up the three minis to service only and in QAdministrator I can see them all together in the service browser.

However, with my mac book pro set to controller i cant see anything but my mac books cores in the service browser. Am I doing something wrong? Is this a fools errand? Any help greatly appreciated.

MacBookPro, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Feb 6, 2011 3:00 AM

16 replies

Feb 6, 2011 2:46 PM in response to BallardCrunger

I believe it's part of the pro apps: FCS, Logic, Shake, etc.
What I'm suggesting is leaving the minis alone. Removing QM from the MacBook Pro, and then using the same disc that you used to install QM on the minis to reinstall QM on the MacBook Pro. That may entail pulling more off than QM, like the whole prokit module. FCS Maintenance pack is good at pulling off selected sections.

Conversely, you could just try updating the minis with a later copy of QM. It's been noted that the later versions apparently work on PPC machines. However, the installer baulks and sees that PPC and refuses to continue the installation. Someone listed a workaround here very recently. And you could try doing a migration to the other machines. That might pull along the parts you need.

Feb 7, 2011 2:40 AM in response to BallardCrunger

Right.

Have now successfully broken QMaster on my MacBookPro!

Have lost the pref pane file to reattach it to the preference pane and my install discs for FCP7 is failing to re install the QMaster Node. All I need is the the pref pane file and then I can use the work around to put this newer version of QMaster on all the other machines. But where is it?

Surely there is a copy of it somewhere in the QMaster package contents?

If not, am I screwed?

(Really appreciating your advice by the way)

Feb 7, 2011 8:18 AM in response to BallardCrunger

Aha!

Copied the appropriate files from m'colleauges mac book (app support files, pref pane files and sbin files) and it now works again. Just need to get this version of qmaster running on the ppc macs. You said there was a work around? Was looking through the threads but couldn't find it. I'm sure I'd seen it at some point but can't locate it.

Feb 7, 2011 1:13 PM in response to BallardCrunger

Hmm...

QMaster is not working on the ppc machines...

What am I missing? Have put the daemon in the usr/sbin folder put the app folder in the application support dir, put the pref pane file in the right place and put QManager and QAdministrator in the apps dir. Where have I gone wrong? Is there a plist or dlist file I need to change? Beginning to get frustrated

Creating cluster over subnet, controller cant find cluster!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.