Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After installing Itunes 10.1.2.17, homes sharing doesn't work no more!

After i installed itunes 10.1.2.17, home sharing isn't working anymore. I checked to make sure it is turned on & the bonjour is enabled. What happened? It was working before with the previous version.

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 6, 2011 5:43 AM

5 replies

Feb 16, 2011 8:08 AM in response to joejoe02

My husband and I have Windows 7. He did the upgrade to iTunes 10.1.2.17 when it became available. I waited because iTunes always has problems when it upgrades. When he installed the upgrade, I could no longer see his library. I thought perhaps it was because I hadn't upgraded yet. I installed the upgrade last night. I have rebooted twice, checked his settings, checked my settings. Everything is set properly.

Thanks, Apple, for more bad software.

Feb 19, 2011 4:03 AM in response to joejoe02

I see exactly the same symptoms; previously Home Sharing worked fine. After installing 10.1.2.17 on the PC that contains the main library, the library appears on my other XP and Windows 7 laptops, but on clicking on the library focus returns to the Music folder after several seconds.

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 running Windows XP Home Edition 5.1 build 2600. It is connected to a Linksys router by cable. The laptops are connected using WiFi. Nothing else has changed in the setup apart from the iTunes upgrade.

Any ideas?

Feb 19, 2011 7:50 AM in response to joejoe02

This did turn out to be a firewall configuration issue on my PC. I am running Kerio personal firewall. It had ended up with two entries for iTunes, because I had moved the executable to a different drive. I permitted incoming connections for iTunes and the iTunes helper service for the new entries in Kerio's configuration, and Home Share came back.

After installing Itunes 10.1.2.17, homes sharing doesn't work no more!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.