Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote Presenter view - on a third monitor instead of the primary?

I have what will probably seem like a bizarre request - I have a Mac Mini with three monitors that I use for presenting in our church. The primary display with the title bar is the "operator console" for whoever is driving the mac. The second "monitor" for the Mini is for the projectors up front. But we also have a "third" monitor for a screen at the rear of the room that is for whomever is on stage - a "stage display" if you will.

I would like to be able to tell Keynote to put the presenter view on that third display, and not the primary display. The preferences in Keynote let you change around the primary/secondary monitor, but they don't seem to factor in that you could have more than two monitors.

I'm hoping I'm just looking at this with a narrow vision and I'm either missing something obvious or there might be some other trick out there to accomplish what I need. Unfortunately I can't do things like mirror the 1st and 3rd monitors since I can't take time to reconfigure the video setup since our primary presentation software (ProPresenter from renewedvision.com) takes advantage of all three "monitors" - ideally I need to be able to figure out how to make Keynote work with the configuration we have.

Dual Quad Core Mac Pro, 15" MacBook Pro (L2008), PowerBook G4 12, Mac OS X (10.6.6), If you like my post please rate as helpful or solved - thanks!

Posted on Feb 6, 2011 9:12 AM

8 replies

Dec 6, 2011 3:16 PM in response to Eric Eskam

Here's our solution -- it took us a while...

Before the presenting monitor is sent, we split that signal using a VGA splitter. Both that signal and the signal from the third display are sent to a simple VGA switcher. That signal gets sent to the "stage display." The operater simply has to switch the signal used for each program and it works just fine.

Jan 19, 2014 1:33 PM in response to bdw3355

bdw3355 wrote:

Before the presenting monitor is sent, we split that signal using a VGA splitter. Both that signal and the signal from the third display are sent to a simple VGA switcher. That signal gets sent to the "stage display." The operater simply has to switch the signal used for each program and it works just fine.

We are already doing that, but as others point out with an iMac it's less than ideal. Oh well, here's to hoping Apple will one day code it in as an option.

Keynote Presenter view - on a third monitor instead of the primary?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.