Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

moving projects into folders--can't i just click and drag?

I reviewed exploring aperture, but it doesn't go over folders in depth. I created a new folder. I want to drag the related projects into the 2011 folder and it won't go. I created a folder in a project and that won't go either? what am i doing wrong? this doesn't make sense. I can easily merge projects, but how do you move projects into folders if not dragging?

macbook aluminum, 2.4, 4 gig, 320, imac dual core, 1.8, Mac OS X (10.5.6), sony HDC-HC3, appleTV, ipods, hard drives, WDMP

Posted on Feb 6, 2011 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2011 10:15 AM

That is how I do it. Create a folder and then drag and drop the project in to the folder you require.
13 replies

Feb 6, 2011 12:22 PM in response to m0thr4

yep. I called apple support because I thought it was a problem. I was the one with the problem!! I didn't see the hierarchy differences. You are right! I have also now begun. I am still completely baffled at why i can't move stuff into subfolders though...I would love to have folders in projects that keep videos in the project folder. I'm kinda confused...he tried to explain, but I gave up. I must have some kinda of roadblock in my brain trying to force it to do something that it can't. Its not that big of deal.

Feb 6, 2011 1:35 PM in response to Frank Caggiano

yes. One more question though.....why can't a project container have a folder. For example, in a project are pictures and videos taken on Feb 1, 2011. The project is called Feb 1 the subfolder is called videos and I am trying to move the videos into the subfolder to separate them from the pictures. It won't allow me to move the videos or pictures in the subfolder.

Feb 6, 2011 1:53 PM in response to Sheryl Kingstone

Sheryl,

You can have a folder under a project. However, it sounds like you are trying to move pictures from a project into a subfolder. Remember, the pictures really only live in a project. Anything that you put under the project is still in the project, and you cannot truly move a picture into anything but another project.

Similar to your case, I usually make albums under a project and drop the associated pictures from the project into the sub-album. I didn't actually move anything -- everything is still in the project. However, I have easy access to the categories I make with each album. Just one thought for accomplishing what you want.

nathan

Aug 28, 2015 1:27 AM in response to Sheryl Kingstone

I had the same issue and glad I found this post! I still don't understand why it's even possible to create a folder under a project if you really can't do anything with it. The whole fact that there are projects, and albums, and folders seems like overkill to me anyway. Would have expected a company like Apple known for its easy to use software to make it a little more intuitive...

moving projects into folders--can't i just click and drag?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.