Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Selling Final Cut Studio

I am selling my Final Cut Studio 2 and i need to know what i need to do so the registration is canceled on my computer so it can be used like new by someone else?

cheers

Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 6, 2011 1:12 PM

8 replies

Feb 6, 2011 1:17 PM in response to David Harbsmeier

Here's the exact wording from the Software License Agreement (SLA):

3. Transfer. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the Apple Software. You may, however, make a one-time permanent transfer of all
of your license rights to the Apple Software to another party, provided that: (a) the transfer must include all of the Apple Software, including all its
component parts, original media, printed materials and this License; (b) you do not retain any copies of the Apple Software, full or partial, including copies
stored on a computer or other storage device; and (c) the party receiving the Apple Software reads and agrees to accept the terms and conditions of this
License. All components of the Apple Software are provided as part of a bundle and may not be separated from the bundle and distributed as standalone
applications.
Updates: If an Apple Software update completely replaces (full install) a previously licensed version of the Apple Software, you may not use both versions of
the Apple Software at the same time nor may you transfer them separately.
NFR (Not for Resale) Copies: Notwithstanding other sections of this License, Apple Software labeled or otherwise provided to you on a promotional basis
may only be used for demonstration, testing and evaluation purposes and may not be resold or transferred.
Academic Copies: If the Apple Software package has an academic label or if you acquired the Apple Software at an academic discount, you must be an
Eligible Educational End User to use the Apple Software. "Eligible Educational End Users" means students, faculty, staff and administration attending and/or
working at an educational institutional facility (i.e., college campus, public or private K-12 schools).

-DH

Selling Final Cut Studio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.