Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Nano App Help - Is there a Japanese Kanji Flash card App for it?

I use the app titled Japanese Flip on my Itouch and like it very much. I want the Ipod Nano, but the only thing holding me back is knowing if there is or is not an available app for studying Japanese Kanji (chinese characters). Somebody tell me there's one please? I need a reason to spend money on something I want.

Extra Credit:
Also, does the Ipod Nano have video out capabilities? I have a 3.5 mhz plug to RCA (vid + two audio channels) cord I currently use for my Itouch, would that work?

iPhone OS 2.x

Posted on Feb 6, 2011 2:45 PM

2 replies

Feb 6, 2011 5:57 PM in response to Scott.ucsb

Scott.ucsb wrote:
I use the app titled Japanese Flip on my Itouch and like it very much. I want the Ipod Nano, but the only thing holding me back is knowing if there is or is not an available app for studying Japanese Kanji (chinese characters). Somebody tell me there's one please? I need a reason to spend money on something I want.

No, the Nano doesn't support those kind of apps. There are (or were) a few games available for purchase but that's really all.

Also, does the Ipod Nano have video out capabilities? I have a 3.5 mhz plug to RCA (vid + two audio channels) cord I currently use for my Itouch, would that work?

I didn't recall that the Touch supported any video out through the headset jack. I was under the impression that you could only use the one that plugged into the dock connector. You've posted in the 5th gen Nano forum. That iPad does have video out but, as far as I know, only through the dock connector. The 6th gen Nano doesn't support video at all.

Ipod Nano App Help - Is there a Japanese Kanji Flash card App for it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.