Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exchange delegate names changing to email address.

I have four Delegates configured in my iCal(v. 4.0.4) app and the names shown for each will change to my email address at random times. So far I haven't been able to make heads or tails of it. Basically, their calendar is intact and completely visible in my iCal, but their name changes to my email address at random times. I can click on the name and type their name back in, but this problem happens on a daily basis. Any ideas? My iCal app is configured to access our Exchange 2010 server here on campus. I've tried deleting all iCal and Mail preferences from my local hard drive and resetting them up again. The only way to fix it is to remove the delegate from the iCal Accounts->Delegation window and re-add them. This pulls their correct name from the Exchange server, but it doesn't seem to stick around for too long. After a while, the name just randomly changes to my email address.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 7, 2011 10:36 AM

5 replies

Apr 11, 2011 5:30 AM in response to sbtm_mcc

I get exactly the same issues ( renaming delegate account, randomly, to my email address - can rename in delegates list, or delete and re-add to fix it, but it always changes again at some point)
Strangely, though, this has only started since our work email has changed from one exchange service provider to a new one. Both exchange servers are using Exchange 2007 setups, but in the old one, I never got this problem, with the new one, I get it all the time - so I'm beginning to think there's an exchange configuration / iCal interaction going on.
Anyone come up with a solution yet?

May 9, 2011 5:25 PM in response to Helen Snaith

A new wrinkle I'm seeing is that sometime in the last three weeks something happened that prevents me from adding new delegates at all to iCal. I have shared calendars with four of my co-workers in iCal but when I go to the delegates tab to add new calendars the user names do not resolve with the Exchange server. My Exchange is hosted with GoDaddy and we have had terrible service, including a number of outages in the last month, I'm thinking this is probably related.

Exchange delegate names changing to email address.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.