Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find Aperture 2 serial for Aperture 3 upgrade reinstall

I own an MBP that had the NVIDIA graphics card issue. Since it said it could take 4-6 weeks, I decided to clone my computer to my older laptop while it was in the shop. Thankfully it took less than a week and I got my machine back. When I cloned my drive back to my MBP, my Aperture installation dutifully asked me for my serial number, which I added. Then it wanted my Aperture 2 serial. I'm currently tearing the house apart trying to find my copy of Aperture 2. Any ideas for workarounds? Who to call?

mbp, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 7, 2011 1:38 PM

2 replies

Feb 7, 2011 3:11 PM in response to spiffking03

First, you should have a text file with all your serial numbers typed in twice (to make sure you have it right) and have that file backed up. I could pull up my serial for Aperture 1.1 or Photoshop CS1.

That being said, you should call Apple and explain the situation. They might offer some relief if you have documentation of the repair. Otherwise, there's nothing (legal) you can do about it.

DLS

Can't find Aperture 2 serial for Aperture 3 upgrade reinstall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.