📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repair Service in Saudi Arabia

Hello

my case is that i bought an iphone 4 from Canada and it was working fine until 3 days ago my iphone is broken when im calling
the speaker and the mic is working but when im calling i cant hear a sound and the other person cant hear me

i opened The recorder and start recording and its working fine
i updated from 4.1 to 4.2 and still the same problem

because now i live in Saudi Arabia i went to Mobily and showed them the iphone
they said dont cover any iphone that bought not from mobily

i bought mine from apple store in Canada and i waited about 11 hours to get mine and now they dont want to repair because i didnt but from them ?!!

please help me

iPhone 4, iOS 4

Posted on Feb 7, 2011 5:13 PM

5 replies

Feb 7, 2011 5:27 PM in response to S-nipe-R

You will need to ship it to someone in Canada you trust and have them take it to an Apple Store, or talk to the Apple Store you bought it from and see if you can arrange shipping to and from them (at your cost) to get it fixed. Unlike other products warranties on iPhones are country specific, Mobily does not have a Canadian iPhone to replace yours.

Feb 7, 2011 5:28 PM in response to S-nipe-R

Support and warranty coverage is honored by Apple in the country where the iPhone was sold officially by Apple only. For a warranty claim with an iPhone purchased in Canada, you must return to Canada with your iPhone or ship the iPhone to someone you know in Canada who can take care of this for you followed by shipping the exchange under warranty to you. This assumes Apple will exchange tar iPhone under warranty - nothing has occurred or has been done that voids the warranty.

Feb 8, 2011 12:35 PM in response to S-nipe-R

No, there is no email support, and it wouldn't do any good anyway.

i bought from apple store, the warranty should be international

The warranty on the iPhone is not international, regardless of where you purchased it. iPhones are replaced when defective, not repaired, and your Saudi carriers will not have Canadian iPhones with which to replace your unit. You will, as the others have said, need to send your iPhone back to Canada for service.

Regards.

Message was edited by: Dave Sawyer

Feb 8, 2011 12:34 PM in response to S-nipe-R

Regardless what you think it should be, the warranty for the iPhone is not international regardless where the iPhone is purchased.

in mobily they sell it unlocked and my iphone is unlocked

Since you live in Saudi Arabia, why didn't you purchase an officially unlocked iPhone in Saudi Arabia?

is there anyone e-mail in-charge of the warranty i can talk to him ??

Call AppleCare in Canada.

Repair Service in Saudi Arabia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.