Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 3GS not connecting to computer

Hello everyone,

I know this has been asked before - and honestly I have tried the suggestions I have found but it still is not working.

Background - I have an Iphone 3GS and Iphone 4. My Iphone connects fine. However my Iphone 3GS says "One of the USB devices connected to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it".

I have tried uninstalling Itunes and reinstalling it. I have tried the [type devmgmt.msc] and opened up all the possible sections the driver could be. Under Universal Serial Bus it just says [Unknown driver]. When I connect the Iphone 4 it says [Apple Mobile Device USB Driver]

I have tried the taking a picture to see if it is recognized as a camera - with no luck. The cable is fine - and it charges the Iphone 3GS when connected to the wall plug. The USB port is the same one I use for the Iphone 4.

I have tried resetting all network settings. I have tried a hard reset. Nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to reconnect to my computer and Itunes?

Iphone 3GS, iOS 4

Posted on Feb 7, 2011 7:17 PM

There are no replies.

Iphone 3GS not connecting to computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.