Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re: Bluetooth in general but also mouse and keyboard.

I actually have a question but I am a new user and I don't know how to start a new topic. I deactivated Bluetooth on my MAC OSX 10.4.11 in this way:
I believe I know a way to solve your problem. This will disable bluetooth completely. The only way to re-enable bluetooth will be by reinstalling Mac OS X or using the terminal.

I opened the folder /System/Library/Extensions and moved to an other folder the files IOBluetoothFamily.kext and IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext.

This deleted the drivers for Bluetooth, therefore my computer thought that Bluetooth is not installed on my system.

I have been told that to have it back either I should reinstall MACOSX or use TERMINAL.

I would like to use TERMINAL: what should I do?

Thanks for your help

Carola

macbookpro, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Feb 8, 2011 1:51 AM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2011 2:43 AM in response to carola benz

Hello carola:

Welcome to Apple discussions.

I would like to use TERMINAL: what should I do?

I avoid terminal commands like the plague (for a variety of reasons) and I am not at all sure a UNIX command will address your issue.

I am assuming that you do not have a wired keyboard or mouse…….

I actually have a question but I am a new user and I don't know how to start a new topic.

You begin a new topic (avoids threadjacking) by going to the forum you wish to post in and click on +"post new topic"+ at the top.

Barry

P.S. I have not used OS X 10.4.x for a long time so I am not sure that what I might suggest would work.

Re: Bluetooth in general but also mouse and keyboard.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.