Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bedside mode?

On my BB, the built-in clock has a feature called Bedside Mode, where all calls, SMS, email was suspended (I don't know if it's actually turning off the phone signal) until you exited this mode. Is there a similar functionality on the VWZ iPhone4?

MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, Mac OS X (10.6.6), Final Cut Studio 3, Aperture 3, iPhone4

Posted on Feb 8, 2011 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2011 5:59 AM

There are no such modes with the iPhone, but there is a silent switch located above the volume buttons.
14 replies

Feb 8, 2011 7:46 AM in response to Grant Harrington1

Grant Harrington1 wrote:
On my BB, the built-in clock has a feature called Bedside Mode, where all calls, SMS, email was suspended (I don't know if it's actually turning off the phone signal) until you exited this mode. Is there a similar functionality on the VWZ iPhone4?

Other option would be to put it into Airplane Mode, which will turn off the phone signal but you can enable WiFi and still use that function and still have sound for things like Alarms.

Feb 8, 2011 8:00 AM in response to Allan Sampson

Allan Sampson wrote:
The silent switch does not affect a clock alarm. Clock alarms still sound even if you set the Ring/Silent switch to silent.

Yes, true, but was trying to give him an option to "not get phone calls" or "SMS/MMS Messages" and have a phone vibrating on a wooden dresser next to his head while he is trying to sleep. Just letting him know he can use Airplane Mode and still get all the sounds but not get calls and texts.

Bedside mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.