Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather app that shows current conditions/temperature on icon?

Is there an app that shows the current conditions, either on the homescreen as wall paper, or at the very least on the icon shows the temp? Kind of like the Calendar shows the current date? I really wish it was 73 and sunny as shown on the Weather icon, but it's -14F 😟

I was using BerryWeather on my BB before my VWZ iPhone arrived.

MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, Mac OS X (10.6.6), Final Cut Studio 3, Aperture 3, iPhone4

Posted on Feb 8, 2011 6:00 AM

8 replies

Apr 18, 2011 4:52 PM in response to kneethan

My understanding (and this is not to be taken as fact) is that its a data usage / update frequency issue. The calendar app updates once a day and does not require internet access to do so, so it uses very little battery life to make the change. Updating the weather app would require constant monitoring of a weather service and constant updating of the information, which would drain the battery severly.

Apr 18, 2011 5:02 PM in response to Grant Harrington1

Funny you ask. I just read an article that spoke of an app that had a workaround to this problem. It uses the badge indicator like the one on mail to push the current temperature to your homescreen. Opening the app gives more information such as if it is raining, sunny, anything you'd expect from a weather app. $0.99 in the app store for Fahrenheit and there is another separate one for Celcius.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fahrenheit-weather-temperature/id426939660?mt=8

Weather app that shows current conditions/temperature on icon?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.