Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWork quits repeatedly after reinstallation

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I have recently reinstalled my Leopard software in an attempt to speed my Mac up. All went well and I backed up with time machine, however, now when tryin to open any iWork applications they quit at initial launch. All other applications seem to be fine it is just all three iWork applications. I have tried everything from restoring previous versions through time machine to reinstalling with disk and nothing helps!! I am desperate as now anything I have done in iWork is useless.

Any ideas on what to do?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 9, 2011 12:42 AM

15 replies

Feb 9, 2011 4:28 AM in response to power mac

Have tried this and downloaded software update and nothing works. Seems to affect all iWork apps when trying to open them from iether the dock or the applications folder in finder, all quit immediately asking to relaunch which doesnt work. I have also tried draggin file tonopen in applications folder onto app as suggested in another discussion but this also does not work.

Feb 9, 2011 4:54 AM in response to Milesat

Welcome to the Apple discussions.

Are you using an older version of iWorks, like iWorks '05, for example? I don't know that an older version would have a 10.5 compatibility problem, however, perhaps that's a possibility.

Have you tried downloading the free iWorks '09 trial from http://www.apple.com/iwork/download-trial/ to see if that works or if you still have that issue?

Feb 9, 2011 8:56 AM in response to Milesat

01 Quit your iWork Apps

02. Go to Your user / Library / Preference

03. Locate following file names. move those files in to different location such as desktop (don't delete it)

com.apple.iWork.C################################.plist ()
com.apple.iWork.Keynote.C################################.plist
com.apple.iWork.Keynote.LSSharedFileList.plist
com.apple.iWork.Keynote.plist
com.apple.iWork.Numbers.C################################.plist
com.apple.iWork.Numbers.plist
com.apple.iWork.Pages.C################################.plist
com.apple.iWork.Pages.plist

# - sign will have some code any way its not important

04. restart Pages or Keynote or Numbers see if its solve the problem

if yes, now you can delete those files you moved to desktop

Feb 9, 2011 9:45 AM in response to power mac

tried this but still no help. am not even able to open the apps in the first place, they quit immediately saying "The application Pages quit unexpectedly. Mac OS X an other applications are not affected. Click Relaunch to launch the application again. Click Report to see more details or send a report to Apple." then i try again and the same message comes up. When sending the report the following message comes up

Process: Pages [884]
Path: /Applications/iWork '09/Pages.app/Contents/MacOS/Pages
Identifier: com.apple.iWork.Pages
Version: ??? (???)
Build Info: Pages-8520000~2
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [126]

Interval Since Last Report: 26283 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 13
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 0 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 12

Date/Time: 2011-02-09 17:42:16.828 +0000
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
Report Version: 6
Anonymous UUID: A7C0C998-A44A-4B46-AFBF-9476F406246A

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @rpath/Inventor.framework/Versions/C/Inventor
Referenced from: /Applications/iWork '09/Pages.app/Contents/MacOS/Pages
Reason: image not found

iWork quits repeatedly after reinstallation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.