Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Single account, multiple aliases, - Signatures?

In Mail you can have a single email account using multiple 'from' addresses and 'from' names, referred to by Apple as 'aliases'.

Is it possible to associate specific signatures with specific aliases?

Thanks,

b.

Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 9, 2011 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2011 7:27 AM

Signatures are associated with Accounts, and not aliases to the best of my knowledge. I will think further.

Ernie
3 replies

Feb 9, 2016 12:55 AM in response to buckster

Hey,

I just met with this issue and I found nothing on the www. This is the first post coming up for my search queries, so I post the solution here. Even if the post is really old.

So, to have the right signatures for all your aliases:

- set up the aliases

- at signatures, click the account you communicate with and add the signatures in the same order as the aliases

- set Choose Signature to "In Sequential Order"

Note: the signatures will not be connected with the aliases, but it will decide which to use based on the order.

As it turned out, this is the same as random, but is going step by step keeping the order. So this is not a solution. We need something from Apple's side really fast. It has been years already.

Single account, multiple aliases, - Signatures?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.