Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate listing of same email in Inbox

I have an intermittent issue of having email info duplicated in my inbox (one email with two identical listings). When this occurs, clicking on one listing, then the second, sets up a red highlight on the listing not chosen. The duplicate listing problem will appear, then disappear over time, only to return. Not all items on the inbox list are involved.
I have re-installed the OS (10.6.3) and applied the 10.6.6 Combo
The computer is an MBP 15" Intel Core 2 Duo about 4 years old.
If I delete one, both disappear.
I have searched the forums and found issues involving MobileMe, but I haven't found the specific issue I face.

MacBook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 9, 2011 12:41 PM

2 replies

Feb 19, 2011 12:02 PM in response to Jim Dysart

Jim, I have the identical problem and you will see my 'Question' just above yours under the name of 'Kananaskis'. There is another user who also had the identical problem and she references it as 'looping'. Hers was major.

I have consulted with a professional Mac person and he says its the ISP. They have spent hours trying to resolve the problem and now claim it is MacMailer version 4.4. However, I have gone through all my settings and will do a major logging of the e-mails that come in duplicate. Lately, it has been intermittent whereas for 2 weeks it was consistent. Mostly the same person's e-mailing me. However, the ISP's support e-mails have come in duplicate as well.

It looks like between the two of us we have to find out if it is the MacMailer program or our servers. I'm on satellite in Ontario, Canada.

I shall check the Forum to see if others respond to our postings. Mine's be up since February 9th.

Let's hope this inconvenience can be resolved.

Mar 1, 2011 6:18 PM in response to kananaskis

I have not been able to get into the group for a while.
I have resolved my issue, at least I have been able to eliminate the duplication for the moment. The user had the Apple RSS feed in her in-box which created two sub-folders, the actual in-box, and the feed. When I deleted the feed, the in-box reverted to a single mailbox (no sub-folder), and the duplication disappeared.
I have seen other problems with duplication, but have not noted if the RSS feed was related, so I am not sure if this will be any help to you.

Duplicate listing of same email in Inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.