Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Distorted images on the browser...

After modifying a master file, when I go to the browser the image seen there is a full master image but distorded....then openning that image on the viewer recalls the modifications and is seen as I modified. Why that hapens in previous apperture it didn´t happen Is there a way to correct that?
Thank you

MacBook Pro 4,1. 15 , 2,6 GHZ, MBAir 13, 2.1, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 4GB

Posted on Feb 9, 2011 12:54 PM

6 replies

Feb 9, 2011 2:48 PM in response to Oriol LLena

So just to clarify, after you make adjustments in Viewer view, then go to Browser view, the thumbnails in Browser view, become distorted. In what way do they become distorted?

Then when you go back to Viewer view, the images look fine again. And they include the adjustments you applied.

Is that correct?

Have you tried clicking on the Photos menu and choosing "Generate Thumbnails" after you see a "distorted" thumbnail?

Feb 10, 2011 3:58 AM in response to shuttersp33d

So just to clarify, after you make adjustments in Viewer view, then go to Browser view, the thumbnails in Browser view, become distorted. In what way do they become distorted?

1-If If I crop the original lets say like in a more rectangular form cutting top and bottom on the master, the JPEG is distorted like that rectangular shape, but instead of seeing the cropped image I see the full master with the "adjusments" with that rectangular form making that master like elongated....is difficult to phrase it.

Then when you go back to Viewer view, the images look fine again. And they include the adjustments you applied.

Is that correct?
2- YES

Have you tried clicking on the Photos menu and choosing "Generate Thumbnails" after you see a "distorted" thumbnail?

3-YES I DID NOTHING HAPPENS.... ?

No idea how to correct it, and is very annoying.....

Feb 10, 2011 4:32 AM in response to Oriol LLena

My guess is that something is causing Aperture to run slowly on your computer. Does the problem happen on both your MBAir and on your MBPro? Do you have 20% free space on your system drive(s)? Are you concurrently running a lot of apps? Have you given Aperture enough time (it can take overnight) to digest a recent large import?

The distorted thumbnails/previews will correct themselves eventually -- at least they have in every case of this I've seen.

It's never a bad idea to run "Repair Library" whenever you start seeing odd -- and especially unfinished -- behavior. Depending on the size of your Library, this, too, can take many hours.

Distorted images on the browser...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.