4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2011 2:02 PM by Murahachibu
Murahachibu Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Hi,

I bought Logic Express quite some time ago, and have continued to upgrade it. I am running low of hard drive space and just noticed that there are three LE applications in my applications folder, one called Logic Express, one called Logic Express 8, and one called Logic Express 9.0.1.

I'm not sure why I have multiple copies here. Can I get rid of the Logic Express and Logic Express 8 applications? Are they all sharing the same libraries? What is the best way to go about cleaning this up?

Your help would be greatly appreciated as I'm running out of disc space.

Thanks!
  • 1. Re: Help multiple copies of LE in applications folder
    Foxboy71 Level 4 Level 4 (2,360 points)
    Hi,

first: Launch the application that is named "Logic Express.app" and check which version it is. If it's higher than 9.0.1, keep it and delete the others. If it's lower than 9.0.1, keep (and update) the 9.0.1 version and discard the other two into the trash. I assume you have a backup like time machine. If not, i strongly recommend you buy an external HD immediately and start doing backups with time machine or another backup program.

Fox
  • 2. Re: Help multiple copies of LE in applications folder
    Thanks for your help. I just checked, and it is 9.1.3.

I now want to uninstall the other two apps. My question is how do I do so? Do I just throw them in the trash, or do I need to use a program like App Cleaner? My concern is that if I use something like App Cleaner, it could remove shared files used by the other programs. If I just throw it in the trash though, I'm not sure I'm deleting enough.

Please advise.

Thanks!
  • 3. Re: Help multiple copies of LE in applications folder
    Foxboy71 Level 4 Level 4 (2,360 points)
    Hi,

just grab them and move them to the trash. Done. Period. All the Rest that is installed in the Library will still be in use by your actual version of Logic, so keep it safe.

Things you can do to free up disk space: Move your iPhoto library to an external drive. Move downloaded files to an archive (to an external drive). Search for Movies in iTunes and move them (correct: To an external drive). Empty the trash on a regular base. Search your drive for big files by sorting them by size in the finder file search. This might reveal some duplicates and "big surprises", too.

Fox
  • 4. Re: Help multiple copies of LE in applications folder
    Thanks I will do this!