Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Edit Track: every time I select it, Flex Time Comes On!

Hi,

I'm working with a file that I started in the previous version of GB, and now I'm in GB 11.

I am trying to select and then cut parts of single tracks in this file.

However, every time I try to work with any of the tracks in this file, as soon as I select them, I receive a prompt to either "Continue" with Flex Time, "Reset," all previous Flex Time Settings, or "Cancel." The prompt tells me that if I select cancel, I can continue working with the track without Flex Time on.

But in reality, if I select "Cancel," and then to work with the track, as soon as I put the cursor over the spot where I'd like my cut to begin, I receive the same prompt.

The Flex Time icon is off.

Please help me...this is driving me batty. Flex time is a wonderful new tool, but it's not what I want to do right now with this particular track.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 10, 2011 8:51 PM

5 replies

Mar 10, 2011 1:53 AM in response to Saturnismine

Another tip if you're new to using flex time (this one took a while for me to figure out).

If you use flex time but are unhappy with its results, be careful of using 'undo'. If you use undo, it will move the flex time marker back to its starting point, but won't eliminate it. You need a second undo, or better, click the little 'x' on the flex-marker.

If you don't eliminate old markers, but keep click-dragging new ones, this creates a mess of flex time reference points, affecting the audio.

It seems that if you click and drag a flex-time marker, this is two actions: creating the marker, and dragging it, hence the need for two undos.

Can't Edit Track: every time I select it, Flex Time Comes On!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.