Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bizarre AP3,Hot Folder script,Eye-Fi Pro Problem.

Trying to set up wireless tethering with AP3, hot folder script and new Eye-Fi Pro card with Nikon D90 and MBP 15' original. All components seem to work except the transfer to the AP3 project. The Raw file lands in the designated folder after wireless import over an ad hoc network. The image however never appears in AP3 project. The interesting and confusing issue to me results when I drag any other image from my MBP into the hot folder. That image will be imported quickly into AP3.
I've change the name of the Eye-Fi image, dragged the image out and back in to the hot folder and still no import.
Any comments would be appreciated.

BobM

MBP C2D 15" 2.16, 4 iMacs, 3iBooks, iPhone,iPad, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Feb 11, 2011 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2011 10:13 AM

Has this setup (wifi card, camera, computer) ever worked for you in the past or is this all a new setup?

If you can drag an image into the hot folder and have the script import it into Aperture it would appear then that the Hot Folder script, the hot folder, and Aperture are all working together OK. So it must be a problem from the wifi card into the folder.

When the raw file is placed in the hot folder from the wifi card the script is still running, correct? When you said you placed a file in the hot folder and it was imported was this right after you tried from the camera or did you restart the script?

Have you tried with JPG's from the camera just to see if the behavior changes in anyway?

Another thing to try, connect the camera via USB cable and use *Image Capture* to import the files from the camera into the hot folder while the script is running and see of they get imported that way.

regards
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2011 10:13 AM in response to B BM

Has this setup (wifi card, camera, computer) ever worked for you in the past or is this all a new setup?

If you can drag an image into the hot folder and have the script import it into Aperture it would appear then that the Hot Folder script, the hot folder, and Aperture are all working together OK. So it must be a problem from the wifi card into the folder.

When the raw file is placed in the hot folder from the wifi card the script is still running, correct? When you said you placed a file in the hot folder and it was imported was this right after you tried from the camera or did you restart the script?

Have you tried with JPG's from the camera just to see if the behavior changes in anyway?

Another thing to try, connect the camera via USB cable and use *Image Capture* to import the files from the camera into the hot folder while the script is running and see of they get imported that way.

regards

Feb 11, 2011 12:31 PM in response to Frank Caggiano

Hi Frank

New setup and has not worked before.

Yes the script is running and the active window.

The script was active and running after placing the working image in the folder. I tried this after the eye-fi file failed. Nothing was stopped or restarted.

Same behavior with JPGs. Also happens if I drag a file off my SanDisk card, but a file I took about a week ago, dragged to desktop, imported into AP3 as a ref. file works when dropped into hot folder. iPhone JPG also work in hot folder.

Tethering to image capture did not import into AP3 via hot folder.

Ready to jump off a bridge(just kidding)

Message was edited by: B BM

Feb 11, 2011 1:59 PM in response to Frank Caggiano

If you import from your camera to a folder on your disk and then drag that file into the hot folder, what Happens?

No import to AP3 from SanDisk or Eye-Fi cards.

How are the files from the D90 named? type in exactly as it appears (a screen shot would be better)

_DSC6542 copy.NEF did not import, _DSC6294.NEF imported.

Sorry don't know how to post an image here.

Bizarre AP3,Hot Folder script,Eye-Fi Pro Problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.