Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MobileMe welcome screen won't go away

I just bought an iPad. I have a mobile me account. I want to go to www.MobileMe.com/mail. Every time I type that in my iPad safari browser I get the welcome screen https://www.me.com/ipad_welcome/en/. It asks me to install mail, iDisk, find my iPhone and so on, but I have done all that. I Can't find any way to get to get away from the welcome screen. Backspacing to www.me.com does not work. Any derivative of www.me.com automatically re-directs to the iPad welcome page. There seems to be no way to log in to change my settings. I can go to my mobile me email account and get my mail from the mail application directly, but not from the mobile me web site which is the only place to change my settings. Help!

iPad,iMac,iphone, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 12, 2011 12:05 AM

4 replies

Feb 12, 2011 1:58 AM in response to Tricky57

IDivices use the onboard calendar/address book/mail apps to sync via cloud to Mobile Me.

You are unable to access the web site via Safari Mobile.

On your iPad tap the settings icon go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
Click Account.
Tap mobileme
Enter Apple ID someone@me (or mac).com - Your email address
Enter Password

Attach to your pc/mac and launch itunes click on the info tab

MAKE SURE that Sync Address book / Calendar / Mail are UNTICKED otherwise you may get duplicates !

You should see a statement in each sync box saying your apps are being syncs via mobileme

Press the sync button

Eject your Ipad and check back to settings Mail, Contacts, Calendars on your ipad
Set Fetch new data to push

Open mail and you mobile email will populate
Open Calendar and appointments will sync
Open Address book and contact will be copied across.

MobileMe welcome screen won't go away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.