Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dell ST2220T multi-touch monitor on 10.6.6

I trying to get this multitouch monitor working with my mac

It plugs in via usb and shows up as "LGD-Multitouch" under the usb hub in the hardware manager. It responds to two fingers on the monitor but it acts like I am holding down the mouse button and is not calibrated properly. I can put one finger on the display and I cant see the mouse. The mouse cursor appears only after I place the second finger on the display and when I move my hand around it drags a box, like you are trying to select more then one item at once. Like a click and hold then drag.

Someone please help me. I can't find any information on it and Dell of course doesn't support make.

I have tried the following programs to try to calibrate them.

This one looks like the most promising but I cant find a download for it.
http://www.touch-base.com/documentation/MacOSXPlatformNotes.htm

This one is a calibration program but when I click the calibrate button the mouse is suppose to move to certain points on the screen but since my mouse only shows up when i put two fingers on it, I cant get passed the first step. Most of the time it doesn't even move the mouse to the first calibration point. Most of the time the program does nothing at all.
http://www.nextwindow.com/nextwindow_support/macdriver.html

This one just doesn't detect my monitor when I start the program. They say that this one works on some LG displays. Mine is a Dell monitor but I don't know who makes the touch screen overlay that monitor uses via usb. By the model description is looks like LG does "LGD-MultiTouch"
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/31028/itmtouchbridge

Dell has another multitouch monitor (an older one) and I found some information that says that it uses a "nextwindow" overlay. This monitor is "sx2210t".

Somebody Please HELP!

Macbook Pro early 2009 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo/4GB DDR3/360HDD/NVIDIA 9600GT, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Feb 12, 2011 4:01 PM

13 replies

Feb 14, 2011 12:43 PM in response to FatToddy

Well osx picked it up and recognizes it but it the mouse will only follow your finger when a second finger is placed on the screen. It also thinks that you have the mouse button pressed because if you put a second finger on it, it will drag out a box for selecting multiple items or highlighting more words. We need a calibration tool for this preinstalled drivers. OSX sees some type of pen installed because it adds a pen input to the system settings. But I cant control how the mouse reacts to touch and thats is what i need.

Feb 22, 2011 1:20 PM in response to bjpatty23

Well your farther than I am. We got the touch screen when they first came out and have been trying for over a month to get it working. You have been following in my foot sets though doing all the same thing I have been. The interesting differences are you actually get the touch part to work. All I get is the handwriting software to pop up in System Preferences. Other wise were in about the same boat.

Mar 3, 2011 4:40 PM in response to bjpatty23

The Touch-Base driver now supports this touch monitor. On their download page select the Dell, ST2220T, USB device.

The driver supports both touches but currently only processes a single touch at the desktop level. The next release of their driver has a gesture engine to process up to 4 touch gestures at the OS and application level

Apr 1, 2015 3:47 AM in response to bjpatty23

I’m coming to this thread even later, but since I’m happily typing this on my new MacBook-Pro-connected Dell S2240T multitouch monitor’s touchscreen, it seems only sensible to chip in.

For a fairly full rundown on Touch Base’s OS X Universal Pointer Device Driver + Gestures suite, please see:

• A Multitouch Touchscreen Monitor for Apple Mac OS X

» https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6899604

Dell ST2220T multi-touch monitor on 10.6.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.