Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple Call Glitch on Verizon Iphone

Coming from every version of the iphone since it's inception, switching over to Verizon iPhone has been great except for 1 major glitch I discovered. While I was in a current call, I received another call and was able to hold & answer just like on the AT&T iPhone. The screen said "multiple calls" and I got an option to "swap" between the 2 active calls, however the "merge" option was grayed out (unavailable) so i couldn't conference the two active calls. When i hung up with one of the calls, i did not get the option to go back to the other call -- when i ended the one call, it ended both calls. i called one of the Apple stores and they were baffled. i tried a test on my wife's Verizon iPhone as well, and the same thing happened.

macbook pro, macbook, imac, iphone, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Feb 12, 2011 6:25 PM

26 replies

Feb 15, 2011 9:09 AM in response to angusfan

I have the Verizon Iphone as well and mine does this too. I called apple and told them about it and they were very suprised to hear this as well. They said to submit a feedback and hope that there is a software update that comes out for this to be fixed. Its a little crazy that this would not be on the Verzon Iphone considering this is a standard phone feature not a network deal. I posted this on the feedback. I hope you do too. Along with other people as well the more people that tell them they maybe they will fix it.

May 23, 2011 2:30 PM in response to angusfan

I was having trouble answering a call while on a call and then returning back to the original call. This was not a problem with my other verizon phone (Motorola), so I don't think it's a CDMA problem. I haven't tried using "Swap" to get back to the original call, but that was what was recommended by Verizon. Why I'm writing this is that another method they mentioned was to go back to the phone keypad and press "Call." Has anyone tried this as a way to facilitate mulitiple calls?

Apr 9, 2012 4:43 PM in response to angusfan

this is still an issue...I had another call coming in that I wanted to conference, it show 'hold and answer' then merge function hangs up on 2nd caller.

The swap function never works, and the iPhone options to drop, or private, w/ individual folks on conferences simply doesn't exist.

Apple/Verizon - what gives and when fix?

Dec 4, 2012 5:45 AM in response to Randy Fast

This is the same issue I'm having and I'm with Sprint. "IT'S AN IPHONE THING" that seems less important to many because not many speaks of it!!! Three way conference calls is a must in my profession as well. Unfortunately the IPhone Problem Solving seems useless without the late great, Steve Jobs, existence!!! R.I.P. Steve, IPhone is lost without you!!! :'(

Multiple Call Glitch on Verizon Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.