Skip navigation

Bluetooth Mouse for Bootcamp

6065 Views 13 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2011 12:14 AM by KingDutka RSS
GeneonMAC Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 13, 2011 12:08 AM
Is anyone aware of a Bluetooth Mouse that will function in a Bootcamp Windows 7 partition? Cannot use the Magic Mouse or Magic Pad as the CAD program running in Windows does not respond to "swiping", etc. Need some type of functional wheel or roller ball.
Thanks. I'm currently using an old BT Mighty Mouse, but the roller balls eventually crap out, and Apple is no longer making them.
MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)
  • GeekBoy.from.Illinois Level 4 Level 4 (2,730 points)
    Feb 13, 2011 7:39 AM (in response to GeneonMAC)
    My Mircosoft InetlliMouse Explorer for Bluetooth worked fine for me under both Boot Camp and Mac OS-X when I was still using it. My much cheaper Logitech BT mouse also worked quite wekk, but it was a bit small for my hand. If my Microsoft mouse had an on/off switch so I wouldn't constantly run the batteries dead carrying it in my backpack, I might still be using it now, even though I find myself trying to use forward and back swipes on my PC mouse at work.
    17" Mac Book Pro (3,1) "HD" Mac OS X 10.6.6, iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.1, My other computer is a ThinkPad
  • BobTheFisherman Level 6 Level 6 (10,570 points)
    Feb 13, 2011 7:44 AM (in response to GeneonMAC)
    Any Bluetooth mouse/trackball will work. Pick one that fits your hand. I am using a RocketFish mouse in OSx and Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro.
    Macbook Pro 13, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 2.53GHz, 8GB RAM, 500GB HD, BootCamp Win 7 (64 bit)
    Feb 14, 2011 6:53 AM (in response to GeneonMAC)
    GeneonMAC wrote:
    Bob:
    Have a Logitech V470 that won't install properly in Windows 7 (in Bootcamp partition). It recognizes and installs, then disappears. Re-install yields a "recognition" issue, and ultimately it won't work. I will look into the Rocketfish mouse. I assume your Windows 7 installation is in Bootcamp (versus VMWare or Parallels). Can you confirm?
    Thanks.

Yes my Windows 7 is installed in a Boot Camp partition.

Do you have the correct driver for your v470, for bluetooth? According to Logitech's site the V470 works with Windows 7. Here is the driver site.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/428/3287?section=downloads&WT.ac=sc|downloads||dd

Message was edited by: BobTheFisherman
    Macbook Pro 13, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 2.53GHz, 8GB RAM, 500GB HD, BootCamp Win 7 (64 bit)
    Feb 14, 2011 7:08 AM (in response to GeneonMAC)
    I don't understand their statement "...they DO NOT support Bootcamp...". Running Windows 7 in a Boot Camp partition is the same as running Windows 7 on a PC. If Logitech's drivers support Windows 7 on a PC then they will/should support Windows 7 in a Bootcamp partition.

Are you doing the installation correctly? Do you need to install the driver before turning on the bluetooth mouse? Or does Windows 7 recognize the new hardware when you turn on bluetooth and the mouse? What shows up in Control Panel > System > Device Manager? Is the mouse listed with a warning? Is bluetooth listed with a warning? Does the mouse try to pair with Windows 7?
    Feb 16, 2011 12:40 PM (in response to GeneonMAC)
    Glad to hear you got it working.
    Feb 16, 2011 1:49 PM (in response to GeneonMAC)
    Salmon, Kings (Chinook) and Silvers (Coho). Sometimes Rainbow Trout when it is not Salmon season. I'm not much of a fly fisherman although I do own a fly rod.
  • KingDutka Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Apr 20, 2011 12:14 AM (in response to GeneonMAC)

THANK YOU!!! I can use my V470 now!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.