Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sync bookmarks FROM iPad TO pc

Does anyone know how to sync Safari bookmarks from the iPad to the pc? I know how to do it from PC to iPad but not the other way around. Other than spending £80 for Mobile Me any ideas?

Message was edited by: Weeney

iPad, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 13, 2011 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2011 7:15 AM

MobileMe.
4 replies

Feb 13, 2011 6:36 PM in response to Weeney

I know how to do it from PC to iPad but not the other way around

It is a two way sync. You cannot replace the bookmarks on your PC with the bookmarks from the iPad.
Or you can select to replace the bookmarks on the iPad with the bookmarks on your computer.

Make sure you sync calendars and bookmarks using MobileMe or iTunes. Don't try to use both.

To use iTunes, select the iPad in iTunes.
Click the Info tab across the top.
Scroll down to Bookmarks.
-> iPad: How to transfer or sync content to your computer"
"Bookmarks
You can sync bookmarks between your computer and iPad. When syncing is enabled, all bookmarks will sync. You can sync bookmarks with the following applications:

Safari (Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later)
Safari for Windows (Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7)
Microsoft Internet Explorer (note that Microsoft Internet Explorer refers to bookmarks as Favorites)"

Must be doing something spectacularly wrong using MobileMe as managed to wipe all of my calender appointments and the bookmarks I had on the iPad - the very thing I was trying to avoid. Ho hum.

Same as above.
Make sure you sync using MobileMe or the iTunes. Don't try to do both.
Select the iPad in iTunes, click Info and uncheck *Sync calendars*.
Make sure you have your computer setup to sync calendars to MobileMe.

How to sync bookmarks FROM iPad TO pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.