Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer pictures from desktop to iphone

Is it possible to transfer pictures taken by a digital camera, stored on my HP computer, onto my iPhone. I have several of my late wife that I want to transfer over and use as wallpapers but can't see how to do it. cheers Andrew

HP Pavillion, Windows XP

Posted on Feb 13, 2011 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2014 9:20 AM

The info given here already is good and the best way to do it, especially if you are transferring several photos. But here is another way that doesn't require using iTunes, synch, or cables, etc. You can simply send an email from your computer (using any email program you choose) with the photo as an attachment, and send it to your iCloud email. It will appear there & you can access it from there or you can click the little arrow on the toolbar below the photo and select 'save image'. This will store it with your other photos, on Camera Roll, etc.It sounds complicated but it's actually easier than the other ways, but mainly for single pics.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2014 9:20 AM in response to PGMS0804

The info given here already is good and the best way to do it, especially if you are transferring several photos. But here is another way that doesn't require using iTunes, synch, or cables, etc. You can simply send an email from your computer (using any email program you choose) with the photo as an attachment, and send it to your iCloud email. It will appear there & you can access it from there or you can click the little arrow on the toolbar below the photo and select 'save image'. This will store it with your other photos, on Camera Roll, etc.It sounds complicated but it's actually easier than the other ways, but mainly for single pics.

Feb 16, 2011 12:53 PM in response to PGMS0804

PGMS0804 wrote:
Is it possible to transfer pictures taken by a digital camera, stored on my HP computer, onto my iPhone. I have several of my late wife that I want to transfer over and use as wallpapers but can't see how to do it. cheers Andrew

Copy the photos you want on the phone to a folder on your computer. Then connect the phone, click on it in the iTunes left panel, then click on the Photo tab in the right panel. Select the folder you have chosen for photos and sync the phone. All of the photos in that folder wil be copied to the Photo app (not the Camera Roll) on the phone. You can create "albums" by creating subfolders on your PC. Each subfolder will be a separate album on the iPhone in the Photo app after syncing.

Aug 20, 2015 1:11 AM in response to SteffanMac

Totally agree. For those who want to sync some photos, email is enough. But in order to transfer photos from PC to iPhon, iTunes is a good option.

1. Select the iPhone in Devices section of iTunes. Click the "Photos" tab.

2. Click the "Sync Photos From" check box and then select an application or folder from the drop-down menu beside it. Click "Apply" and then click "Sync."

3. Open the application or folder you chose to view the photos after they have been imported from the iPhone.

<Edited by host>

Aug 20, 2015 1:09 AM in response to PGMS0804

PGMS0804 wrote:

You can transfer these photos with iTunes which is really easy and practical way to sync your computer data with your iPhone. In the first way, you can choose photos and select sync. In the other way, you can select "files"> "add file to library or add folder to library" in file option. You just need to follow the steps as the screen shown, and transferring pictures from desktop to iPhone can be achieved.

<Edited by host>

Transfer pictures from desktop to iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.