Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4 hotspot able to relay traffic through vpn?

Hello all,

I've recently acquired the iphone4 to better administer my network remotely (cisco vpn client ftw). My question is this: if I have a tablet or pc connected to the iphone hotspot, and the iphone has a live vpn connection to my work network: is there a way to route traffic from the external device out the vpn tunnel? I have yet to experiment with my verizon iphone4, but we've been experimenting with a coworkers at&t iphone4 and have not been successful. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

iPhone 4, iOS 4

Posted on Feb 13, 2011 10:05 AM

7 replies

Feb 24, 2011 11:45 AM in response to Thunder88

I'm still a little stumped why nobody can answer this. I've gone to the Verizon stores as well but all I get is vague answers or stares like I'm asking them to do calculus homework. I assume that if the phone is jailbroken it is probably possible to manipulate routing via command line like any unix system but i'd like to keep my phone unaltered.

Feb 24, 2011 1:06 PM in response to Thunder88

Thunder88 wrote:
I'm still a little stumped why nobody can answer this.

Maybe because ONLY Verizon iPhone users have the ability to use the mobile hotspot feature. No other iPhone users (except developers) have access to a version of iOS with the hot spot functionality.

Maybe after iOS4.3 is released, someone can help you to figure out an answer.

iphone 4 hotspot able to relay traffic through vpn?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.